Platelet Rich Plasma Orthopedic Treatment
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments for knee injuries, tendon repair and other sports injuries has become a popular option for professional athletes and recreational sports enthusiasts alike. PRP treatments are a safe and simple way to accelerate or augment the healing process of soft tissues.
San Diego PRP specialist and nurse practitioner Carol Hanselman can help diagnose and treat your injuries and chronic pain with platelet-rich plasma therapy. Read on to learn more, and contact Carol Hanselman, NP to schedule your initial consultation today!
Treat Orthopedic Pain with PRP
Platelet-rich plasma therapy for orthopedic injuries and pain allows professional athletes and recreational sports enthusiasts alike to recover and get back into action faster. PRP is particularly effective at treating injuries in the knees, shoulders, wrists, hands, ankles and elbows.
The platelets that are injected are a natural source of growth factors with the power to stimulate recovery. These growth factors increase the production of collagen, activate stem cells and stimulate blood flow to the area. Together, these actions work to repair your injured tissues, including tendons, ligaments, cartilage and muscles.
Injuries Treated with Platelet-Rich Plasma
Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment can help you recover from many types of orthopedic injuries, including the following.
- Shoulder Injuries: rotator cuff tendinitis, impingement, bursitis and bicipital tendinitis.
- Wrist and Hand Injuries: DeQuervain’s tenosynovitis, Tendinitis, ligament tears.
- Elbow Injuries: tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
- Hip Injuries: iliotibial band tendinitis (ITB syndrome), ilio-psoas tendinitis, bursitis, greater trochanteric bursitis and sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
- Knee Injuries: patellar tendinitis and partially torn or strained ACL, LCL and MCL knee ligaments.
- Ankle and Foot Injuries: Achilles tendinitis, peroneal tendinitis, recurrent ankle sprains and other foot or ankle tendinitis.
- Neck and back injuries: facet joint arthritis and rib problems.
Discover the Power of PRP
PRP orthopedic treatments provide athletes with many unique benefits that other therapies do not. Some advantages of platelet-rich plasma injections include:
- No Down Time – While surgery is sometimes necessary, it can require quite a bit of downtime. If surgery isn’t necessary to treat your injury, PRP treatment can be performed in under an hour. Plus, you’ll be able to get back to training much more quickly.
- Painless – Aside from a small amount of pressure at the injection site, most patients say that platelet-rich plasma treatment is totally painless.
- Pain-Relieving – As your PRP treatment works to restore soft tissues, it can relieve pain caused by overuse, scar tissue, injuries and even recent surgery. Many patients eliminate or reduce their reliance on painkillers through PRP treatments.
- Accelerated Healing – With its powerful growth factors, platelet-rich plasma stimulates healing at the site of injection and helps to regenerate tendons, ligaments and fascia.
- Low Risk – Because the platelets and growth factors are from your own body, there is no risk of allergic reactions, infections or rejection of the PRP.
Contact Nurse Practitioner Carol Hanselman Orthopedic PRP Provider Carol Hanselman, NP can help you recover from injury and reduce pain with a specialized PRP injection. Carol Hanselman, NP can provide you with platelet-rich plasma treatments along with other therapies, including medication and physical therapy.